Apart from some very obvious differences between US English and UK English, such as the spellings(US: color, traveled, dialog–UK: colour, travelled, dialogue) and the use of the serial comma( in American English), here are some more differences.
1) Singular and Plural nouns:In US English, you would say ” The Clash is a well-known band” wheareas in UK English, it is “The Clash are a well-known band”.
Similarly, in US English, one would say, Indianapolis is the champion, while in UK English, one would say Indianapolis are the champions.
2)Verbs: In US English, it is learned, dreamed etc. In UK English, it is learnt, dreamt.
US: Lighted ;UK: Lit
US: Proven ; UK: Proved
US: Dive-Dove; Sneak-Snuck ; UK: Not used.
3) US: I’ve just gotten home UK: I just got home
4) Shall is more commonly used in UK English.
5) US: meet with somebody UK: meet somebody
6)US: Monday through Friday; UK: Monday to Friday
7)Dates in US spoken English: July 11th. Dates in UK spoken English: The 11th of July
8) US: Colorado river UK: River Thames
9) US: the last letter of the alphabet is pronounced zee. In UK, it is pronounced zed.
10) US: sports section of the newspaper. UK: sport section
11) US: Mr. Sandburg UK: Mr Sandburg